stats

Thursday 5 September 2013

Little Face Book Review

Hey guys

Got another book review for you, from my Summer Reading List and again its not a good one, I've been hit with bad books lately which is really disappointing.

Little Face
Sophie Hannah
2006
368 Pages


Description: The first time Alice Fancourt goes out after their daughter is born, she leaves the two week-old infant with her husband, David. When she returns only two hours later, she swears the baby in the crib is not her child. Despite her distress, David is adamant that she is wrong.

With an increasingly hostile and menacing David swearing she must either be mad or lying, how can Alice make the police believe her before it's too late?

Review: I was really looking forward to this book, the plot sounded goog and the previous book I had read by this author was good and well written, but this book is a waste of the paper it's written on. 

So many different plots going on within the story that I found it to far fetched and just unbelievable. I managed to get half way through the book before I decided I had, had enough of this story, most of the first half was filled with unnecessary rubbish, it seemed like the author wasn't sure where to take the baby swap story so decided to add bits in to fill out the book, which just wasn't needed. With in the story you had a murder and abuse, with the abuse starting because Alice wouldn't admit that her child hadn't been swapped which to me just didn't seem right or even true. I'm disappointed that this book isn't as good as the back cover leads you to believe.

My Rating: 0/10
Would I recommend: No. 

Check out my other book reviews to see what I've been reading :)

City of Bones By Cassandra Clare
Little Miracles By Giselle Green
Beautiful Creatures By Kami Garcia
Beautiful Chaos By Kami Garcia
Beautiful Redemption By Kami Garcia
The Return By Vicotria Hislop

Want a book suggestion then check out my Sunday Book Selections.


Till next time :)

XOXO
Debbie

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Insta: debzter2012
Pinterest: debzter2013
Email: monday2485@gmail.com



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment