stats

Friday 27 September 2013

House of Night


Hey friend

If you're a fan of Young Adult books then you may have heard of the House of Night series. And if you have then you will know the eleventh & penultimate book is due for release on Oct 15th 2013. If you haven't heard of this series then shame on you and I think you should scroll down and read my review on this amazing series.

I didn't want to do separate descriptions for each book otherwise it would be a very long post & I also didn't want to spoil anything incase you decide to read them. I've wrote a nutshell description so that you can see what the books are about and hopefully spike your interest and make you want to read them :)

Here is a list of all the books in the series in order & when they were published by month and year.

Marked #1 - Published: Jan 09
Betrayed #2 - Published: Feb 09
Chosen #3 - Published: Feb 09
Untamed #4 - Published: June 09 
Hunted #5 - Published: June 09
Tempted #6 - Published: April 10
Burned #7 - Published: April 10
Awakened #8 - Published: Oct 11
Destined #9 - Published: June 12
Hidden #10 - Published: Oct 12
Revealed #11 - Published Oct 13

Description: The books follow 16 year-old Zoey Redbird, after a Vampyre Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, she enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the Vampyre Goddess Nyx. Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny. Each book brings a new dilemma that Zoey & her friends must face and defeat, along the way she loses friends, gains undead friends, ends up in a love triangle and has to fight the Vampyres that are determined to bring her down and destroy her and everyone she loves.

Review:
After reading the first book Marked, I was totally hooked, there's something about this series that just draws me back every time. I've fallen in love with characters and I've cried when they're died. A lot of Vampyres tend to die in these books which makes me sad as some good ones lose their lives. After 10 books the story has been dragged out, but because I love these books I didn't mind and continued to read them anyway. I highly recommend these books they are well written and each character is well thought out and brought to life with their own story. I'm gutted they are coming to the end but it's been a fun journey and I look forward to reading the next installment. 

If you've read this series let me know what you thought of them or if you want to recommend any to me :)

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own, all information I got was from Amazon.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment