stats

Thursday 14 November 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling Book Review


Hey lovelies.

Time for a book review, this book features on my Autumn Reading List #1 only one more book left to read on that list. Shall we get started? :)

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Srike #1)
Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)



Description
After losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan, Cormoran Stroke is barely scraping by as a private investigator. Strike is down to one client and creditors are calling.

Then John Bristow walks through his door with an amazing story: his sister, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry, know to her friends as the cuckoo, famously fell to her death a few months earlier. The police ruled it as a suicide, but John refuses to believe that.

Review
Storyline: I would say it's an easy read nothing too heavy. It's a good story with loads of twists that leave you confused (in a good way). The investigation into Lula's death was interesting with all the different elements.

Character: The characters are truly different even in they way they talk and you can see they all have different personalities. Majority of them are likeable expect for a few expections that you don't start to like till all the secrets fall into place. I don't know about anyone else but I'm glad that Robin is sticking around, if there's any more books in the series I hope something happen between Robin and Stike as they work well together.

Overall: I was into the book by the end of the first chapter. You are always left thinking was Lula pushed or did she committ suicide. I was surprised at how good this book was as I wasn't aware first off that J.K. Rowling had written it. But it's totally different from Harry potter which I also love and that goes to show how versirtille she is.

My Rating: 5/5
Would I Recommend?: Yes, I also hope there are more in this series.

Have you read this book yet, if so what did you think of it.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: The book was purchased by me. All my opinions are my own & are 100% honest and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment