stats

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Christmas Shopping Guide



Hey

As you may know from my Chit Chat Thursday: Work edition, that I don't earn that much money which means I tend to do my Christmas shopping as cheaply as I can. I have no problem with that as it's the thought that counts not the amount you spend. And with Christmas being not that far off I thought I would share how I afford Christmas.


Christmas doesn't have to be expensive nor do all gifts have to be brought new. I don't believe that children need the latest gadgets just because all their friends have them. You can find really good deals if you shop around and start your Christmas shopping early. Read on to find out my secrets.



I love online shopping, some sites have really good deals and sales, the first thing I do is check the clearance and sale sections to see if anything takes my fancy.


My next favourite website is Ebay, you can seriously find loads of items for a fraction of the cost and the best part is it gets posted to your door so you don't even need to leave the house, which is handy if you have children or don't like the hustle and bustle of shopping centres. My mum is into have her nails done by me, so for last Christmas I got her some supplies such as brushes, tools and paints which can be expensive in the shops but managed to get everything I needed for under £15.00 which is pretty good.


Another website that I discovered recently is Etsy which is like Ebay but everything is unique and handmade which adds an extra special touch when given to someone as a gift and you can find many different presents for everyone in your life.


I'm a big fan of giving stocking fillers to my niece and nephew and the perfect shop for that is Poundshops in England or the dollar store if you are in a different country. They have toys, gifts and sweets that are perfect for stocking fillers and have many different items available.



I read a lot of books and I mean A LOT, so it would be highly expensive to continously go out and buy brand new books (as much as I would love too) so I tend to check out Charity shops (thrift shops in other countries) when I'm in the need for new books. You can also find DVDs, CDs and clothes that are in good condition.

Tip:
Another way to acquire items is the January sales a bit late for this Christmas but after Christmas everything becomes super cheap and you can find bargains that you can put away for either a birthday or the following Christmas. Also take advantage of offers and sales throughout the year that you can then put away for a later date.

Tip: 
If you can't afford to spend much money this Christmas, avoid asking people what they want and surprise them with a gift that you have picked for them by knowing what they are into and would most likely enjoy getting as a gift.

And that's how I do my shopping on the cheap. At the end of the month I will do a Christmas gift guide and show you items that would be good for gifts or gifts I brought using the above shops.


Do you have any shops that are good for buying items cheaply then let me know in the comments and if you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask :)

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment