stats

Monday 4 November 2013

Allegiant Book Review


Hey

You may be aware that the latest Divergiant book was released and it is called Allegiant which is the last book in the Divergiant series. I got myself a copy and finished it a couple of days ago and thought I would share my thoughts on it.

Allegiant
Veronica Roth
Oct 2013



Description:
What if a single revelation - like a single choice - changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's know, Tris is ready.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love.

My Review:
Storyline - The book carries on from where the last book ended. Now Tris, Tobias and a few others form another group know as Allegiant who are trying to escape from their city to find out what awaits them beyond the gates. You also get to read about the history of the factions and how they came about.

Characters - Most of the characters from the previous books are also in this one. There are also new characters some likeable and others not so much. Unfortuntley some do die so tissues at the ready :(

Overall -  It was a while ago that I read insurigant so I had trouble remembering where it ended when I first started reading Allegiant but the book catches you back up pretty quick.

I started off being pretty disappointed with this story as a quarter of the way in, it started to resemble the mazer runner series which I'm a huge fan of but I was hoping there would be another reason for the factions etc but it's was near enough the same as the maze runner. I honestly didn't see the ending coming and felt quite sad but I enjoyed it non the less and it was pretty brave for the author to end the book as she did.

My rating: 8/10 - marks off for pretty much having the same storyline as the maze runner series.

Would I recommend?: yes. If you've read all the others then you will enjoy finding out how it ends.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment