stats

Saturday 31 August 2013

The Return Book Review

Hey guys

Time for another book review from my Summer Reading List and unfortunately it's not a good one but do keep reading to find out why.

The Return
By Victoria Hislop
2008



Description: Sonia knows nothing of Granada's shocking past, but ordering a simple cup of coffee in a quiet café will lead her into the extraordinary tale of a family's fight to survive the horror of the Spanish Civil War.

Review: Right from the start of this book I was unsure of where the book was heading and how two women learning to dance had anything to do with the Spanish Civil War, but eventually it started to make sense further into the book. I'm not sure if that's what put me off this book, I'm not a huge fan of war stories it's just not something that appeals to me, I also don't like reading books where some of the words are in a different language as I'm constantly having to look those words up so I can understand what I'm reading, which I find to be a pain, also I just didn't find the story gripping I found it pretty boring and far to strung out in my opinion. It may be a great story to someone who is interested in the Spanish Civil War, but personally I'm not so I gave up with this book half way through as I felt I had given it a decent chance for the story to get better and for me to start liking it, as neither of these happen I felt it would just be better to quit while I was ahead. 

My Rating: 1/10
Would I Recommend?: Only if you like war stories or you're interested in Spain.

Fancy reading my other book reviews, then just click the links :)

City Of Bones By Cassandra Clare
Little Miracles By Giselle Green
Beautiful Creatures By Kami Garcia 
Beautiful Chaos By Kami Garcia
Beautiful Redemption By Kami Garcia

XOXO
Debbie

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Instagram: debzter2012
Email: monday2485@gmail.com



Disclaimer: This Ebook was purchased by me. All opinions are my own
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment