stats

Saturday 3 August 2013

Movies i've watched + Review

Hey guys!

Over the past couple of months, I've watched some really good movies, so I thought I would let you folks know what I've watched and do a review of them.

Lets get started :)

Monsters University
2013




Description: A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at the University of fear - when they weren't necessarily the best of friends.

Review: I was super excited when this movie came out, so I went and saw it and I'm glad I did because it is a great film. It leaves you laughing out loud and close to tears at some parts. The film basically shows you how Mike and Sulley met at University and how they end up becoming friends and working together. A good family film.

The Croods
2013


Description: After their cave is destroyed, a caveman's family must trek through an unfamiliar fantastical world with the help of an inventive boy.

Review: I wasn't really expecting to much from this film. I'm pretty sure it's aimed at kids more than adults but I love these type of films, so I gave it a chance. It was an okay film not the best I've seen but not the worse either. It had me laughing at some parts and on a whole it was a nice film but probably won't be watching it again. I recommend it if you have children.

The Heat
2013


Description: An uptight FBI Special Agent is paired with a foul-mouthed Boston Cop to take down a ruthless drug lord.

Review: When I saw the trailer for this movie I knew I had to go and see it, I'm a big fan of Bullock and McCarthy so them being in the same movie you just know its going to be good. And it really was brilliant, it was funny and touching, while towards the end of the movie they get closer. They work well together and I hope they make some more movies together.

Wreck-It-Ralph
2012


Description: A video game Villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfil his dreams, but his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade where he lives.

Review: This and Monsters University are the two best films I've seen this year. I like that it had familiar characters that I grow up with. Ralph is a game villain who is hated by everyone in his game, so he sets out to find a game where he will be liked and along the way he makes a friends and sets out to make his dream come true. It's a funny, feel good movie suitable for all ages.

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
2013


Description: In this dark spin on the fairy tale, siblings Hansel and Gretel are a formidable team of bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world.

Review: I was never a big fan of the fairy tale when I was a kid, but now they put a dark spin on it I became interested. Hans and Gretel are hired to fired the children that are being kidnapped by the witches and along the way they discover what happened to them as children. It's a good film, a little bloody at times but I highly recommend it.

Safe Haven
2013


Description: A young woman with a mysterious past lands in the Southport, North Carolina where her bond with a widower forces her to confront the dark secret that haunts her.

Review: I knew this film was coming out so I set out to read the book so I could compare them both. It's not as good as the book. They missed a lot of details or changed things completely. But on a whole it is a nice film. But the book is much better.

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Instagram: debzter2012
Email: monday2585@gmail.com

FTC: I was not sponsored for this review. All opinions are my own




No comments:

Post a Comment