stats

Monday 5 August 2013

Beautiful Creatures. Movie Vs Book Review


Hey guys!


I wanted to do something different today so I came up with reviewing a movie that was based on a book. I might even turn it into a series on my blog. A lot of books that are turned into films are usually crap with some exceptions (Harry Potter, LOTR) so today I'm going to reviewing Beautiful Creatures. Lets get started :)

Beautiful Creatures
2009
563 pages



Description: Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen. She struggles to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. Ethan Wate finally meets the girl who haunts his dreams. On her birthday, she must choose good or evil. In a town with no surprised, this secret cloud change everything. (From goodreads)

Review: I only discovered this book when I was about to watch the movie, so I held off from watching the movie and went and grabbed a copy of the book. I didn't know what to expect from this book when I first started reading it, but I was totally sucked in from the first chapter. The relationship between Ethan and Lena isn't your average teenage relationship. They have to deal with problems that most couples never have to cope with. Lena isn't your normal teenage girl. It's a great read for all YA and adults if you are a big fan of these types of books, its written really well and makes you feel like you are apart of their journey. There wasn't any parts that were boring or didn't make sense. The story was easy to follow with enough secrets to keep you guessing till the end. By the time the book finishes, you are left wanting to read the next book in the series.

My Rating: 10/10
Would I Recommend: Yes!

Now for the movie review.

Beautiful Creatures
2013



Description: Ethan longs to escape his small Southern town. He meets a mysterious new girl, Lena. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town.

Review: I had such high hopes for this movie and was really excited to be watching this BUT about five minutes in, I knew that it wasn't going to be as good as the book :( which I was really gutted about because the book was just so good! The actors didn't fit the characters one bit, its almost like they didn't even bother to audition the actors, felt like they picked some strangers off the street and plonked them into the movie. The actors didn't seem like they put much effort into their roles their was no passion between them unlike in the book. The film was just dry and boring that I struggled to get through it but I powered through and finished it. It's one film I won't ever watch again. 

My Rating: its so bad that it gets 0/10
Would I Recommend: No! 

That completes this review I hope you enjoyed it. Check back soon for more. If you want me to review any books or movies then just let me know in the comments below. Until next time folks TTFN!

XOXO
Debbie

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Instagram: debzter2012
Email: monday2485@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment