stats

Thursday 29 August 2013

Chit Chat Thursday #1

Hey guys,

I wanted to do something different today so I thought what better than just a good old chit chat this shall be a series, probably not every week though just when I have something to say. :)

For today's chit chat I'm going to talk about my blog and give you a sense as to why I started it, what I hope to achieve from it and what my plans for the blog are. 

At the start of 2013 I got a tad addicted to YouTube, I'd been watching videos before then but not very often unlike now where I'm watching videos everyday lol, when I first started watching videos I really only watched one Youtuber and that was Allthatglitters21 now know as Elle Fowler and her other channel called EllesGlitterGossip which is of course by the lovely Elle Fowler, and now I follow so many different Youtubers I often lose count lol 

A lot of the Youtubers I subscribe to have blogs which I also read and because I'm not confident to be in front of the camera, plus I don't really have a camera that I could film with, i thought that I could start a blog and give my opinion on items without the pressure of being in front of a camera. I feel I have so much to say about the products I buy, whether it be clothes, make-up, books, food etc, that people could benefit from my reviews and help them either discover something new or to avoid it completely. 

Most of the videos I watch are actually regarding make-up and even though I don't wear it much I still like to be in the know in case I decide to start wearing it on a regular basis, so it didn't really make much sense to start a blog about make-up when I'm not buying enough products to review, and then I  had a lightbulb moment and I came up with the idea to do a little bit of everything hence my blog name (littlebitofeverything) and so far I've done a DIY, book and movie reviews, July favourites and a shopping haul. I like the that my blog doesn't just focus on one thing, it has a bit of everything to suit who ever may come across and read it. 

My blog was a project that I started when I broke up from work for the summer holidays (I work in a school) with having 6 weeks off it was the perfect opportunity to start it as it gave me enough time to get it up and running and working on posts that I want to put up every week. I'm not really on a posting schedule but as I'm going back to work next Tuesday I wanted to get into the routine of posting weekly which I believe I managed to stick to. I've had more readers viewing my blog than I ever thought possible, I didn't have any big ambitions for this blog, only if a handful people read this blog than I'm happy that you are reading this, your support means a lot :) 

This is not something I'm rushing, I'd like to take each day as it comes. I know my blog has a long way to go (it's only a month old) I still don't have a proper title, the colour scheme is not what I want to keep, there's still a lot to do and being someone who doesn't know how to customise their blog without getting confused (which does not take much lol) it's going to take some time. I'm not good at describing things I feel I repeate my words and use the wrong words a lot but I hope to improve that as time goes on and I hope you all stick with me for the ride because there is so much more to come from my blog which you do not want to miss. 

To give you a taste of what's to come in the next few weeks, I've got another book review, current TV shows that I'm watching, back to work haul and last one I'm going to tell you about is a hair care routine and as for the rest you will have to keep your eyes peeled :) 

I plan to blog every Saturday and if I've not had a busy week as I shall be back at work I will try and upload a post on Wednesdays but no promises.

I hope you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe so I can see who my readers are :) feel free to leave comments I will reply to anyone who wishes to leave me one. Last but not least, why not follow me on the interweb and keep update with me :)

XOXO
Debbie

Where else to find me:
Twitter: debbi2013
Instagram: debzter2012
Email: monday2485@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment