stats

Sunday 8 June 2014

The Husbands Secret - Liane Moriraty Review

The Husbands Secret
Published: 2013
416 Pages


Description: 
My Darling Cecilia 
If you're reading this, then I've dead...

Imagine your husband wrote, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret - something so terrible it would destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others too. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive.

Cecilia Fitzpatrick achieved it all - she's an incredibly successful business woman, a pillar of her small community and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her; Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia - or each other - but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband's devastating secret.

Review
I actually picked this book up from my local library so was unsure what to expect as well as not having read anything by this author before, but I'm glad i checked it out.

I loved this book. It was engaging from the very beginning. The story itself jumps from different characters 3 people tell their story leading up the the big revelation. The story is easy to follow there is no getting lost or confused as to what is going on. You had no idea what the secret was or who the killer was. i liked how all three people was connected in different ways and they don't know it. What I thought was a good touch which doesn't happen often is how Janie (who was murdered) tells us what happened including the events that lead up to her death. I truly was unable to put the book down. I started out wondering how they were all going to be connected as I couldn't for the life of me figure it out but the author managed to reveal it without it being rubbish and rushed.

Rating: 5/5
Recommend: yes

------------------------------------

Till next time

Debbie
X

FTC: Description is from Goodreads & image is from google. All my opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment