stats

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Job interview tips!

Hey

An amazing thing happened last week, I received a phone call telling me I had a job interview for Monday and while I've had a few interviews in my life it can still be a bit scary so if you've never had one I thought I would give you some tips to help you prepare.


1. First thing I always do is have a trial run to where my interview is taking place. That way you know what buses or trains if any you need to catch and you can see how long the journey will take, that way you don't have to be rushing about on the interview day.

2. Research. Have a read up on the company or school that is interviewing you. Having some knowledge about them will help should they ask you any questions regarding their company or school and impress them that you took the time to check it out.

3. Outfit. It's important to dress correctly, most interviews require you to dress smart/casual. For my interview I wore black trousers, a blouse and some flat black shoes. Keep it simple, don't go overboard and DO NOT WEAR JEANS! 

4. Documents. When going to an interview it's always handy to bring certain documents with you just incase. When I went I brought along my CV, a CRB which is a police check, certificates I felt were important, references and my ID. You can also bring anything else you feel may be important. 

5. Last but not least, practice having someone asking you some interview questions. You can try googling typical interview questions just so you can get an idea of what they may ask you. Practicing this will help you feel less nervous during the interview because you will be well prepared.


Just remember to breathe and relax and you will all do fine. I hope this has been of some help and if you have an interview coming up then I wish you good luck! If you have any questions then feel free to leave them below or you can find other ways to contact me in the section above.

-------------------------------------------

Till next time

Debbie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment