stats

Saturday 19 April 2014

Seconds Away - Harlan Coben Review

Seconds Away
Published: 2012
Pages: 338



Description: When tragedy strikes close to home, Mickey and his loyal new friends - sharp witted Ema and the adorkably charming Spoon - find themselves at the center of a terrifying mystery involving the shooting of their classmate Rachel. Now, not only does Mickey need to keep himself and his friends safe from the Butcher of Lodz, but he needs to figure out who shot Rachel - no matter what it takes.

Mickey Bolitar is as quick-witted and clever as his uncle Myron, but with danger just seconds away, it is going to take all of his determination and help from his friends to protect the people he loves, even if he does not know who - or what - he is protecting them from.

Review: other than James Patterson, Harlan Coben is another one of my favourite authors, I could just read their books all day.

If you're a fan of the Myron Bolitar series then I think you will enjoy this series starring his Nephew Mickey. It is just as engaging, leaves you questioning everything you've read so far including what you've read in the first book. It also leaves you reading into the early hours of the morning.

The book near enough carries on from where the first book ended and continues where they have to save another one of their friends that ends up in a spot of trouble. I was unable to put the book down unless I absolutely had too. I attempted to guess at what was really going on but I didn't even come close to guessing right. I love these types of books where you can't figure out the big secret. It makes me want to read it all the more quicker. 

The relationship between Mickey and Myron is strained but they slowly make progress towards the end of the book which I was pleased at. You find out a shocking secret about Ema. And Spoon is as funny as ever. 

My Rating: 5/5
Would I recommend?: Yes, if you liked the first book then you should like this one.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: Description is from Goodreads & Image is from Google. All opinions are my own & 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment