stats

Friday 11 April 2014

Now & Forever - Bernie Nolan Review

Now & Forever
Published: 2013


Description: Bernie Nolan's heartbreaking story of her battle against incurable cancer.

Two years ago Bernie was given the all-clear after a courageous battle with breast cancer. Over the moon, Bernie set about rebuilding her life and making plans for the future.

Then in the summer of 2012, she was in her bedroom getting dressed when she found a lump just above her breast. Terrified, she immediately made the hospital appointment which was to deliver the devastating news that the cancer had returned. It had spread to her brain, lungs, liver and bones and the doctors said it was incurable.

Review: I wasn't too sure if i wanted to read this book because I thought it might leave me upset. But Bernie has a way of not leaving you feeling sorry for her, she doesn't feel sorry for herself so why should you. It's a very moving account of her life from childhood, adulthood, having children and ultimately getting cancer.

Bernie doesn't sugar coat anything in this book, she is brutally honest from the start. It is a very eye opening book and really makes you grateful for what you have. I've always been aware of the Nolan Sisters and have watched Bernie in some of the programmes she's appeared in like Brookside & The Bill. So it was nice to read about her experiences in the shows. And she really does give you an inside look on just how devastating having cancer is. Just have some tissues near by because it will leave you weeping.

My Rating: 5/5
Would I Recommend:? Yes.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: Image is from google and description is from goodreads. I brought this book with my own money. My opinion is my own & 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment