stats

Monday 10 March 2014

The Butterfly Sisters - Amy Gail Hansen Review


Hey

I'm back today with a new book review. Enjoy!


The Butterfly Sisters
Published: 2013
320 Pages


Description: 
Eight months after dropping out of Tarble, twenty-two-year-old Ruby Rousseau is still haunted by the memories of her senior year-a year marred by an affair with her English professor and a deep depression that not only caused her to question her own sanity but promoted a failed suicide attempt.

And then a mysterious suitcase arrives, bearing Ruby's name and address on the tag. When Ruby tries to return the luggage to its rightful owner, Beth Richards, her dorm mate at Tarble, she learns that Beth disappeared two days earlier, and the suitcase is the only tangible evidence to her whereabouts.

Consumed by the mystery of the missing girl and the contents of the luggage-a-tattered copy of Virginia Woolfs A Room of Ones Own, the book on which Ruby based her senior thesis, and which she believes instigated her madness-she sets out to uncover the truth, not only about Beth Richards's past but also her own.

Review
I brought this book on a whim as the description on the back of the book sucked me in and I decided that when I ran out of books to read (not like that will ever happen, but you never know) I would read it. But for my recent current reading list I wanted to pick books that I wasn't too sure about, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good this book is.

I was pretty hooked by the first chapter (if you can't tell by now, but I get hooked really easily with books) and it only took me a day and a half to read. The storyline in itself is interesting and further into the book you the more complicated the main character story gets. Plot twists you would never have seen coming (unless your Nancy Drew perhaps) you think you have a pretty good idea on what's happening but then something completely different happens throwing you off the scent that you've no idea what is really going on which I love. Stories that leave you not being able to figure out the story are just the types of books I love. To me that's the makings of a good writer.

I felt connected with the characters especially Ruby. You feel as if you're by her side seeing everything she sees, feeling everything she feels and rooting for her all the way. Brilliant writing and above all a bleedin' good book.

My Rating?: 5/5
Would I recommend?: Yes, it pays to give every book a chance.

------------------------------------

If you read this book what did you think of it. I'd be interested to know.

Happy Reading

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: I purchased this book with my own money. All opinions are my own & 100% honest. Description from Goodreads and image from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment