stats

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Movie Review - Philomena

Hey

I haven't done a movie review in a while and seeing how this was the last movie I saw it was only right I did a review.

Philomena

Description: A world-weary political journalist picks up the story of a woman's search for her son, who was taken away from her decades ago after she became pregnant and was forced to live in a convent.

Review:
When I saw the trailer for this movie I knew it was a film I wanted too see and I finally did and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this film.

I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as Steve Coogan & Judi Dench was the main focus of the film which is not something you see every day. 

The story itself was a sad one, a mothers search for her child that was taken from her and put up for adoption. Judi Dench plays Philomena and she teams up with a writer played by Steve Coogan who helps her find her son. The two of them acting together work brilliantly and who ever came up with pairing them together deserves a reward. #justsaying. 

Judi deserves an Oscar for this role. She manages to bring humour to her character without even knowing it and also has that brokenness to her from having her child taken away. She also appears like she shut her self off from the world. The film is based on the book "The Lost Child of Philomena Lee" but I haven't read the book so I don't know how much was left out and changed but its a great movie and well worth seeing.

My rating: 5/5
Would I recommend: Yes, it's a tug at your heart strings movie.

----------------------------------------------

What did you think of this movie?

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment