stats

Tuesday 20 May 2014

This Child Of Mine - Sinéad Moriarty

This Child Of Mine
Published: 2013
Pages: 416


Description: Sophie is a happy 18-year-old living in London with Anna, her Irish mother. Anna has devoted her life to Sophie. It may be just the two of them but Anna has more than enough love to give. Sophie has everything she could ever need.

Laura is a not-so-happy artist. She too has a daughter, Mandy. but Laura is haunted by the loss of her first child, Jody. Happy-go-lucky as she is, Mandy lives in Jody's shadow and wonders why her mother can never let go.

Both mothers carry secrets and cannot forget the day their paths crossed. But a chance discovery is about to bring everything into the open and mothers and daughters, love and lies, past and future, with spectacularly collide.

Review:
Storyline - I don't want to give to much away but the book is about 3 women Anna, Laura and Sophie and what makes them connected to one another. It's a very well written book that is a real page turner. It starts off with the events leading up to what makes them all connected, then it goes to present day and the story slowly unfolds. Three different characters tell this story.

Characters - I think the author did a brilliant job with the characters, they were well developed so you could understand and feel the emotions they were feelings and decisions they made. 

Ending - I loved seeing the story unfolding. It was a fitting ending for them all. I can see myself reading more books by thus author. 

Rating: 5/5
Recommend?: For my first read by this author I would recommend as I really enjoyed it.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: I purchased this book myself with my own money. My opinion is my own and 100% honest. Description is from Goodreads and Image is from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment