stats

Sunday 25 May 2014

The Cradle Will Fall - Mary Higgins Clark Review

The Cradle Will Fall
Published: 2003
Pages: 314


Description: When a minor road accident lands county prosecutor Katie DeMaio in hospital, she is forced to stay in overnight. Looking out of the hospital window in her half-conscious state, she thinks she glimpses a man loading a woman's body into the boot of a car. Or is it just a pill-induced nightmare? At work the next day, Katie begins investigating a suicide that looks more like murder. Initial evidence points elsewhere, but medical examiner Richard Carroll spots a trail leading to Dr Edgar Highley. He begins to suspect that the famous doctors pioneering work 'curing' infertile women might in fact violate every principle of modern medicine. But before he can tell Katie his fears, he learns she has already left the office for an appointment for routine surgery - in Dr Highley's operating room......

Review: 
Storyline: It was an interesting concept not one I've read before, I like me a good murder story even though it leaves me with heart palpitations and find myself getting sweaty but you just can't help but continue reading, dying to know what happens so your heart can go back to normal. 

Characters: The characters were well thought out. I liked Katie and would love to see her have her own series as I would be interested to see if her love interest in the book works out.

Ending: I was a bit surprised that it was only twenty chapters, it didn't feel like Mary would be able to wrap it up and she did, but I felt it was rushed. It was a good ending.

Rating: 3/5
Recommend?: Yes plus all her other books.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: I purchased this book myself. My opinion is my own & 100% honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment