stats

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Beautiful Disaster Series

Hey

This book is on my current list and as I noticed there was more in the series I decided to read them, then do a post on them all so here it is :)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful Disaster #1)
Published: 2011
319 Pages


Description: Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in Tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants - and - needs - to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Tracis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Review: Oh. My. God. This book is awesome. Like seriously you need to stop what you are doing and read this book. 

The storyline is gripping and has you hooked before you even realised it and you're left wondering how it suddenly become 3'oclock in the morning (which totally happened to me) this book is in Abby's POV which I liked the idea of.

The characters are so well thought out including the relationships they have with one another. This book is more than a love story between two damaged people. The friendship between Abby & Meredith is one that everyone wants, they totally have each other's back. And don't get me started on Travis, apart from the whole loses his temper at the drop of a hat, I reckon he is every woman's dream man (including mine) and he is devoted to Abby and there is nothing he wouldn't do to keep her happy.

Walking Disaster (Beautiful Disaster #2)
Published: 2013
433 Pages



Description: This book is the same exact book as Beautiful Disaster but in Travis's POV.

Review: I loved that I could read the same story again but from a different point of view, that doesn't happen very often so it was refreshing to know everything from both characters that the story is about. 

Also reading this book you learn things that you didn't know about from Abby's POV including what happens after beautiful disaster finishes which I loved as it was sort of like closure rather then it being left on a cliff hanger as that's what beautiful disaster does and probably would never be able to sleep again if I didn't know what became of them too. A little dramatic perhaps but the truth none the less.

Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful Disaster #2.5)
Published: 2013
160 Pages




Description: You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it....and didn't tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis's elopement was top-secret....until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walkihg Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night) - and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.

Review: If you've read the other two books then you will know that it ended with them being married and if you didn't know that then.....SURPRISE. So this story is pretty much the story of everything that happened with the wedding. 

I'm glad I got to read this book as I got to see how they got married, what they wore etc. It was a nice ending to a brilliant series. It isn't an essential read, you won't really miss anything should you decide to not read this. But you should because if you're as hooked as I was this will totally give you the fix you need!

Overall - if you can't tell already then I love these books, they are different from any other books I have read before, I couldn't even compare them to anything because they are just that unique. I guarantee that by the end of the first chapter you will be hooked. Give them a go because you won't be sorry. 

My Overall Rating?: 5/5
Would I recommend?: Yes a thousand times yes. It's a brilliant series and I'm so glad I gave them a go.

----------------------------------------

Have you read this series before? If so let me know as I'd be interested to know what you thought.

Till next time

XOXO
Debbie

FTC: I brought all these books with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest and my own. Descriptions are from goodreads and images are from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment